DONATIONS TOTAL: 0$
    Please PM me to donate
    **If you wish to remain anon, then please state so in your PM**

DONORS:

Minecraft Server IP
    209.105.227.179:25565

SERVER ADMIN: DarkMatterClock

Dear ClockCrew members,

I want to thank you all for everything. I also want to give something back to the crew. I thought about what could I do this year that would not just effect one but effect a couple, even ten? I thought about donating to the site, but then realized that isn't going to do much anyways. We will always have a host, even if this host goes down... a host will pop up. I thought about the ClockCrew radio and thinking about picking up a liscense to allow some people to stream some music on a dedi for the site, but then thought about the money ratio for the liscense and the popularity. It would have been a bad investment. Finally I thought a little harder and looked to something I do as well so I could enjoy it aswell.

I have decided that I am going to purchase a subscription for a Minecraft server for the ClockCrew. It was a hard thing to see the original Minecraft server go down, especially on how awesome people started playing on it and building content. Because it will be a new server, a new oppurtunity it will also be a new world. I will not be having the old world reloaded in here, this is a personal decision to try and help give a level ground for all.

++++About Keeping it going++++
    Currently I have arranged for the hosting up until May 2012. I will continue to pay for the hosting until it is deemed that no one is playing anymore. As long as people continue to play I will continue to keep the server up and running.

I am going to start a donations que for keeping the server up, and or expanding the server. This is not going to be a profit scheme donation system. It will be purely towards the cost of maintaining the server, as soon as half the server is paid I will stop the donations. There will be a donations system to see where the current set of donations are at to keep it going. I will match / pay the difference of the donations. Currently the box is 500$ for a 6 month period. Mind you this is fast internet + bandwith + Ram + a nice core. I will only accept donations up to a 250$ threshhold starting in Mid-January. After that point it will be terminated until the bill comes in May to pay for it. I will pay the remained if we hit that threshhold or not.

You will not get perks for donating. The donation is simply that, a donation. There is no requirement to donate, but some people like to help out with costs to keep going. I am not requiring donations. I am not asking for donations. It is simple there to allow people who want to donate to donate to keep it alive. When the time comes for donation oppurtunities I will ensure to update this thread. I will also be giving access to the donation system to keep track to the public, you will be able to view who donates if the user elects.

+++++

Merry XMAS and Happy Thanksgiving.

-Cran

***RULES*****
    SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

1. No Griefing other players houses/areas. There will not be a protection system in place due to Whitelisting. You will be banned.

2. Chests will be the only items protected. However, do not create chests griefing other players, IE doorways etc.

3. Do no start fires in the trees. If you do, put it out. If there is a fire burning I will check the log and we will have a discussion. No need for stupid resources.

4. Do not Endeman Bug your diamonds. If you have no idea what I am talking about, were good.

5. Item dupes/exploits to get items is fine, as long as its not destructive.

6. TNT is gainable, if you know how to make it. Using it on another players house will result in a suspension/ban.

7. If you invite a guest and they grief you are responsible for the actions of that player

8. No flooding.

9. The spawn point will be a town for the Clockcrew welcome center for anyone who joins. DO NOT BUILD YOUR HOUSE in a 500x500 blook radius at minimum, paths / tunnels / rail ways are fine. However don't clutter the spawn point.

10. Have fun.
    CranberryClock tampered with this message 03-22-2012 at around 06:41 AM-ish

2. [AKA: Buttplug] #2
    si tiy;re ab ass nab eg> Buttplug's Avatar Official Clock
    Awesome dude, thanks!

AbstractAllegory is my name

3. [AKA: DarkMatterClock] #3
    Jr. Troll DarkMatterClock's Avatar Official Clock
    Very good to hear. I would gladly assist in moderation if you so see fit. I know the workings of a minecraft server pretty well and am very familiar with most of the best mods out there. of course it's completely up to everyone else if they would like me to have that power.

Also my MC name is DropkickDragout for the whitelist

4. [AKA: AnkhClock] #4
    What? I'm just nursing my big ol' beer, like always. AnkhClock's Avatar Official Clock
    This is awesome. You're awesome!

One question, will you be using the map from the old Minecraft server? I remember DMC saying he still had the backups. I spent a lot of time on my pyramid and would like to see it again.

E: oh I guess not oh well.

Oh and MC name is ammat_the_ankh

5. [AKA: DarkMatterClock] #5
    ankh if you want the maps i can get them to you

6. [AKA: PolyhedronClock] #6
    the bad guys PolyhedronClock's Avatar Official Clock
    not to belittle the work we did on our last server, but I would rather start anew so we can get some of the newer features terrain-wise in.

7. [AKA: F U Clock] #7
    A Bold Fresh Piece of Clock F U Clock's Avatar Official Clock
    Woo! Psyched for more MC. Thanks dawg! My username is Dibidoolandas.

8. [AKA: IronClock] #8
    add a nigga? sarezjay

9. [AKA: CranberryClock] #9
    0u812 CranberryClock's Avatar Official Clock
    I am looking for someone that is experianced with managing a server. This means everything from starting it up from scratching, installing mods, changing the .jar, upgrading etc. The server is not ran by a custom host, it is a managed server we run which will be on a Dedi.

Right now the guys at Media Temple are building the blade for us.

-Cran

10. [AKA: DarkMatterClock] #10
    Cran, the server i hosted was just that just a dedi server that i put mc on...I have experience doing all of that stuff. hit me up via pm or on aim

11. [AKA: Topcatyo] #11
    Don't mean to leave you guys hanging around. Topcatyo's Avatar Official Clock
    Christmas comes early for the ClockCrew.

Seriously, though, I had a good time playing on the server last Christmas break, so this'll be fun this time around again when I'm not stressed out anymore.

username is topcatyo. i'm a one trick pony, i know guys

12. [AKA: AnkhClock] #12
    What? I'm just nursing my big ol' beer, like always. AnkhClock's Avatar Official Clock
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMatterClock View Post
    ankh if you want the maps i can get them to you
    nah, thanks but its cool. The only thing of worth I made was the pyramid and I still have the blueprints for that.

13. [AKA: VuBawlsClock] #13
    Go ahead, blow it. VuBawlsClock's Avatar Patron
    Official Clock

cerealguy

14. [AKA: CranberryClock] #14
    Server Specs are up.

Latest is that its registering on the network. It may take up to 24 hours before all goes live. @Darkmatter I will be contacting you with all the information as soon as I get more on it.

Keep subscribed. I hope to have it all live by Sunday Afternoon.

<3 Cran

15. [AKA: DarkMatterClock] #15
    alright cran, just a heads up, i wont be around from like 5am saturday (Eastern) till 1:00pm saturday (Eastern)...moving back to school. but as soon as i get there, or if you get the info to me tonight, i'll do what needs doing.

16. [AKA: CranberryClock] #16
    Its ok. I can set it up initially. I am also using MCAdmin, I just got the liscense for it. However I will just be needing someone that will be able to update it if I am not around, or is online when a new patch drops etc. The new MCAdmin has an autoupdate, but I need to make sure that someone is around to restart etc.. you know :-). Plus the new Bukkit is a bastard to setup.

17. [AKA: DarkMatterClock] #17
    MCAdmin or mcmyadmin? i have a pro license for mcmyadmin, not really experienced with mcadmin...but i know the back end of minecraft so thats whats important i think.

18. [AKA: TelephoneClock] #18
    Y'all be Trippin' TelephoneClock's Avatar Official Clock
    Awesome, I missed playing with you guys!

Username be Clockophone

19. [AKA: CranberryClock] #19
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMatterClock View Post
    MCAdmin or mcmyadmin? i have a pro license for mcmyadmin, not really experienced with mcadmin...but i know the back end of minecraft so thats whats important i think.
    Sorry, mistype, we are using mcmyadmin

20. [AKA: VuBawlsClock] #20
    Go ahead, blow it. VuBawlsClock's Avatar Patron
    Official Clock

cant wait, I have penis's that need buildin

+ Reply to Thread